This meet up was formed to offer men a comfortable venue and space, for men to talk about issues that challenge their lives, gain feedback and support from each other. The group was originally started by a few men who felt they was a need to have such a group. To date the number has grown up to 40 members who attend CAFPH support groups and also access other services regularly and this number continues to grow.
The Group Aims
- All men living with and affected by HIV and AIDIS need to work together to address issues that affect their Health.
- To allow men to share experience and skills on how to copy and live well with HIV.
- Provide a strong sense of unity, friendship and respect so that men can talk openly about HIV, stigma and integration and respect.
- All members of our group to access other services and arrange home and hospital visit to assist men to gain more confidence and to feel empowered.
- Arrange and invite speakers to come and talk to our group on a range of subject’s e.g. sexual health, Immigration issues, housing benefits, information and advice, homelessness and other.
What we do at CAFPH as men
- Group discussions
- Emotional and social support
- Access to psychological support
- Access to Complementary therapies
- Access to condoms and condom distribution
Finally I would like to invite all men living with and affected by HIV to contact our office should they need any support. CAFPH operates on a very strict and confidential policy information given to CAFPH will not be passed on to any person or agency without a written consent.